Lya C. Crichlow, M.D., and Eric Velazquez, M.D., have joined Southeastern Regional Medical Center’s Southeastern Surgical Center practice, located at 205 West 29th Street in Lumberton. They have also joined the medical staff of Southeastern Regional Medical Center.
Drs. Crichlow and Velazquez both specialize in minimally invasive surgery; Velazquez also specializes in a variety of bariatric surgery techniques including adjustable gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy, and gastric bypass.
A native of Barbados, Crichlow earned her medical degree at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, N.Y., in 2005. She completed a general surgery residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., in 2010. She also completed a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at Tulane University in New Orleans, La., in 2011.
Velazquez, a native of the Dominican Republic, earned his medical degree from the Santo Domingo Institute of Technology in 2002. He completed general surgery residencies at the New York Medical College at Saint Vincent’s Hospital and New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center, both in 2010. He also completed a fellowship in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the New York Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery in Valhalla, N.Y., in 2011.
Crichlow and Velazquez are both eligible to sit for certifying examinations by the American Board of Surgery.
For more information about minimally invasive and bariatric surgery procedures or to schedule an appointment, call 739-0022.
- 01/20/2012 - Two Southeastern Health Mall offices to open later this month
- 01/18/2012 - Hardin takes top SRMC employee award
- 12/21/2011 - SRMC departments give to family during Christmas
- 12/09/2011 - SRMC Healthy Food Drive
- 12/09/2011 - Southeastern Lifestyle Day Spa invites you to pamper yourself during the holidays
- 11/29/2011 - Festival of Trees celebrates “Signs of the season”
- 07/27/2011 - Featured Services