Imaging Systems Analyst Merry Hardin was named the 2011 winner of the John D. Drake Distinguished Service Award, Southeastern Regional Medical Center’shighest employee honor. An employee with 19 years of service, Hardin received the award at the annual service awards banquet held Jan. 17 in the hospital cafeteria.
“Merry has been described by her co-workers as someone who will do whatever she can to make sure the patient comes first,” said SRMC Vice President and CFO Thomas Johnson, who made the surprise presentation.
Hardin, an employee of the Information Technology department, is the 26th person to be named winner of the Drake Award, which was established by the SRMC Board of Trustees in 1988 to recognize exceptional service by employees. The Drake award was named in honor of the late John D. Drake, who retired as head cook in 1984 after 38 years of service.
To qualify for the Drake award, an SRMC employee must demonstrate high standards for personal performance on the job, loyalty and dedication to the organization, an excellent attendance record, respect by fellow workers, leadership skills, and a caring attitude to fellow employees and guests of the Medical Center.
“Merry has always shown her dedication to Southeastern by her work ethic,” said Eric Harper, chief information officer for the medical center. “She has a lot of compassion.”
Hardin was presented a framed certificate and an engraved watch as part of the Drake award. Her name will also be added to a plaque that is permanently displayed in the SRMC cafeteria
Previous winners of the Drake award were: 1988, Julia Harris; 1989, Addie Mae Caple; 1990, Beatrice Leggett and Vashti Pittman; 1991, Thelma Jean Reeves; 1992, Paula McLean; 1993, Shirley Thompson; 1994, Sonya Oxendine; 1995, Terry Carter; 1996, Vera McDowell; 1997, Jimmy Page; 1998, James E. Jones; 1999, JoAnn Falls and Myrtle Oxendine; 2000, Patricia Davis; 2001, Sherri Hayes; 2002, Doris Madden; 2003, Mary Catherine Buie; 2004, Noel Bounds; 2005, Cynthia George; 2006, Rhonda Carter; 2007, Anne Marie Hendren; 2008, Myrtle Wilcox; 2009, Audrey Cox; and 2010, Bryan Hilbourn.
- 02/01/2012 - Dr. Terry Lowry named Surgeon of the Year
- 01/30/2012 - SRMC medical staff names new officers
- 01/24/2012 - SRMC is Among Top 5% in Nation
- 01/23/2012 - SRMC employees honored for service
- 01/20/2012 - Two Southeastern Health Mall offices to open later this month
- 12/09/2011 - SRMC Healthy Food Drive
- 12/09/2011 - Southeastern Lifestyle Day Spa invites you to pamper yourself during the holidays
- 12/05/2011 - Bariatric surgery specialist and general surgeon join Southeastern surgical practice
- 11/29/2011 - Festival of Trees celebrates “Signs of the season”
- 07/27/2011 - Featured Services