Physicians at Southeastern Regional Medical Center have elected the following officers to lead the medical staff for a two-year term from January 2012 through 2013. They are: Joseph E. Roberts, M.D., president; Barry E. Williamson, M.D., president-elect; and Sydney Short, M.D, secretary/treasurer. Dr. James E. S. Parker is immediate past president.
Hospitalist Mark Jordan, M.D. and Cardiothoracic Surgeon Terry Lowry, M.D., will serve two-year terms as chairmen of the departments of medicine and surgery, respectively.
Dr. Roberts, a family practitioner who is a native of Pembroke, has been affiliated in private practice with Lumber River Family Practice in Lumberton since 1995. A graduate of Davidson College, he earned his medical degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and completed his residency at Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital in Greensboro in 1990. After his residency, Roberts spent three years in Oklahoma practicing medicine among the members of the Choctaw tribe. He is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
A native North Carolinian who was born in Asheville, Dr. Williamson earned a medical degree in 1993 from Wake Forest University School of Medicine (Bowman Gray) in Winston-Salem. After a four-year tour of duty with the U.S. Navy, he completed residency training in general surgery at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is affiliated in private practice with Lumberton Surgical Associates.
A native of West Virginia, Dr. Short earned his medical degree in 1983 at West Virginia University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in internal medicine in 1986 and a fellowship in cardiology in 1989, both at N.C. Baptist Hospital of Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. He is board-certified in both internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is affiliated with Duke Cardiology of Lumberton and Southeastern Heart Center.
- 02/15/2012 - Gala to benefit Gibson Cancer Center and the Ribbons for Cancer Recovery Fund
- 02/13/2012 - Take it to Heart! Red Dress Event
- 02/13/2012 - Southeastern Diabetes and Arthritis Center welcomes new provider
- 02/03/2012 - Intensivist presents research at national conference
- 02/01/2012 - Dr. Terry Lowry named Surgeon of the Year
- 01/24/2012 - SRMC is Among Top 5% in Nation
- 01/23/2012 - SRMC employees honored for service
- 01/20/2012 - Two Southeastern Health Mall offices to open later this month
- 01/18/2012 - Hardin takes top SRMC employee award
- 12/21/2011 - SRMC departments give to family during Christmas