Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Deborah Duchesneau recently joined the staff of Southeastern Diabetes and Arthritis Center, an affiliate of Southeastern Regional Medical Center.
Duchesneau will primarily be responsible for treating established patients with diabetes at the center, which will enable Endocrinologist Dr. Analyn Torres to accept new patients with diabetes.
A native of Nova Scotia, Canada, Duchesneau earned a diploma in nursing from Cape Breton Regional Hospital School of Nursing in Sydney, Nova Scotia in 1973. She also earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from UNC Wilmington in 1998 and a master’s degree from the family nurse practitioner program there in 2002.
Duchesneau previously worked part time at Southeastern’s Diabetes Community Center as a certified diabetes educator and as a nursing instructor at Southeastern Community College. She has also received certifications in critical care and emergency nursing.
Her special interests include patients who have type II diabetes with insulin resistance as well as patients who are obese.
“With the medications we have available to us today, there is a lot we can do to help patients with diabetes,” Duchesneau said.
She currently lives in Whiteville with her husband, Ron, and has two grown sons, Rene and Kyle.
Rheumatologist Dr. Frederick Talip also provides care at the Southeastern Diabetes and Arthritis Center. For more information, call 671-8556.
- 02/22/2012 - Get in shape for the SRMC Family Fun Mile!
- 02/22/2012 - Physicians invited to partner with SRMC for electronic health records solution
- 02/21/2012 - Wound partnership benefits patients with diabetes
- 02/15/2012 - Gala to benefit Gibson Cancer Center and the Ribbons for Cancer Recovery Fund
- 02/13/2012 - Take it to Heart! Red Dress Event
- 02/03/2012 - Intensivist presents research at national conference
- 02/01/2012 - Dr. Terry Lowry named Surgeon of the Year
- 01/30/2012 - SRMC medical staff names new officers
- 01/24/2012 - SRMC is Among Top 5% in Nation
- 01/23/2012 - SRMC employees honored for service