The Southeastern Heart Center, managed by Duke Medicine and located on the campus of Southeastern Regional Medical Center,hosted the 4th annual Take it to Heart! Red Dress Luncheon and Fashion Show on Saturday, Feb. 11 at Lumberton Senior High School. After modeling fashions from JCPenney, fashion show participants who are also former heart patients participated in a panel discussion sharing their individual experiences with heart disease, including symptoms, family member responses to their illness, and advice for other women regarding their health. The event also included a red dress design contest for high school art students throughout Robeson County. Pictured with his first place winning design is James A. Jones of Lumberton Senior High School; second place went to last year’s top winner, Ny’Ree Watson of Fairmont High School.
Pictures taken during the event
Photo by: Christina Nguyen, UNC Pembroke Public Relations Intern
- 02/22/2012 - SRMC Board Installs Caton as Chairwoman, Honors Washington
- 02/22/2012 - Get in shape for the SRMC Family Fun Mile!
- 02/22/2012 - Physicians invited to partner with SRMC for electronic health records solution
- 02/21/2012 - Wound partnership benefits patients with diabetes
- 02/15/2012 - Gala to benefit Gibson Cancer Center and the Ribbons for Cancer Recovery Fund
- 02/13/2012 - Southeastern Diabetes and Arthritis Center welcomes new provider
- 02/03/2012 - Intensivist presents research at national conference
- 02/01/2012 - Dr. Terry Lowry named Surgeon of the Year
- 01/30/2012 - SRMC medical staff names new officers
- 01/24/2012 - SRMC is Among Top 5% in Nation