Faye C. Caton was recently installed as chairwoman of Southeastern Regional Medical Center's Board of Trustees.
Caton replaced W. C. Washington who had completed a two-year term as board chairman from Jan. 2010 through Dec. 2011. A resolution recognizing Washington for his leadership was presented at a recent ceremony.
A Lumberton native and current resident of Bladen County, Washington entered the military following high school. He attended Robeson Community College before entering the retail business.
He and his wife, Joan, have owned and operated Washington’s Mens Store in downtown Lumberton for over 35 years. They have two sons, Wesley and Scott.
Caton has served on the Medical Center’s Board of Trustees since 2007. She has served on the SRMC Foundation Board since 1998, serving as chairwoman from 2002 to 2006.
A native of Thomaston, Ga., Caton is a nurse by training. She attended Georgia State University and earned her nursing degree from the Piedmont Hospital School of Nursing in Atlanta. Since 1978, she has lived in Lumberton and has worked in the family business.
She has served on the Friends of the Library Board of the Robeson County Public Library and on the board of the Lumberton Ladies’ Racquet Club. She chaired an SRMC Foundation Gala in 1995 that raised more than $32,000 for the Gibson Cancer Center and health care scholarship loans. She attends St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church.
She is married to Bob Caton, former president and CEO of Eagle Distributing Company. They are parents of two grown children, Karen Granger of Lumberton and Bob Caton Jr. of Atlanta. They also have four grandchildren.
Caton draws from her experience in health care to guide her decision-making. “I am truly committed to providing the best health care for all of the people of Robeson County. Everybody deserves the best care,” said Caton.In addition to Chairwoman Caton and Washington, the other members of the SRMC Board of Trustees are: Martin Brooks, M.D.; Chancellor Kyle Carter; Dennis Hempstead; Jerry Johnson; Randall Jones; Al Lewis; Alphonzo McRae Jr.; John Rozier Jr., M.D., James Rust; Michael Stone; Mary Alice Teets, Joseph Thompson, Michael Walters and Fred Williams.
- 03/28/2012 - Southeastern welcomes new providers
- 03/06/2012 - Emergency Services names new medical director
- 03/02/2012 - Gala raises more than $100,000 for cancer patients
- 03/01/2012 - Southeastern Eye Clinic Ribbon Cutting
- 02/27/2012 - SRMC celebrates Certified Nurses Day March 19
- 02/22/2012 - Physicians invited to partner with SRMC for electronic health records solution
- 02/21/2012 - Wound partnership benefits patients with diabetes
- 02/15/2012 - Gala to benefit Gibson Cancer Center and the Ribbons for Cancer Recovery Fund
- 02/13/2012 - Take it to Heart! Red Dress Event
- 02/13/2012 - Southeastern Diabetes and Arthritis Center welcomes new provider