John J. Reed, M.D., has been named medical director of Southeastern Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Services department and is affiliated with Emergency Medical Associates (EMA) of Lumberton. He also serves as the medical director for Robeson County Emergency Medical Services.
Dr. Reed began practicing emergency medicine at Southeastern in 2009. Before coming to SRMC, he directed emergency operations at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville, N.C. for six years.
“The emergency department at Southeastern is one of the 10 busiest EDs in North Carolina, and we treat many patients with severe illnesses and injuries on a daily basis,” said Reed. “We are fortunate to have a hospital administration that is very supportive of the mission of the emergency department. From my standpoint as an emergency physician, this is a great community and an excellent place to practice medicine.”
A native of Virginia, Reed earned a medical degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., in 1985. He completed residency training in emergency medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in 1988. He is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and is a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
Reed and his wife, Patricia, make their home in Fayetteville and have three children, Kristen, Andrew and Ryan.
Emergency Medical Associates is an organization focused on the provision of clinical excellence and the delivery of world class emergency medicine. EMA is one of the largest emergency department firms and treats nearly one million patients annually while serving more than 20 hospital clients.
“Southeastern Regional Medical Center is pleased to be recognized as EMA’s first partnership in the Southeast, and our organization appreciates their team’s commitment to clinical excellence and patient satisfaction,” said SRMC Emergency Services Director Susan Phelps.
For more information about Southeastern Regional Medical Center, logon to www.srmc.org.
- 05/15/2012 - Pharmacy to open in health mall on Monday
- 05/14/2012 - SRMC sponsored Gray's Creek annual charity golf tournament
- 05/10/2012 - Swing for Good Health golf tourney raises $23,000 for health career scholarships
- 04/27/2012 - Kuchler named heart center director
- 03/28/2012 - Southeastern welcomes new providers
- 03/02/2012 - Gala raises more than $100,000 for cancer patients
- 03/01/2012 - Southeastern Eye Clinic Ribbon Cutting
- 02/27/2012 - SRMC celebrates Certified Nurses Day March 19
- 02/22/2012 - Get in shape for the SRMC Family Fun Mile!
- 02/22/2012 - SRMC Board Installs Caton as Chairwoman, Honors Washington