Certified Family Nurse Practitioners Sharon Baxley and Ann Marie Hunt have recently joined affiliates of Southeastern Regional Medical Center. Baxley joined Southeastern Health Center Clarkton in Bladen County on April 2 and Hunt will begin at The Clinic at Walmart located in Lumberton on April 24.
A Bladen County native, Baxley completed a master’s degree in nursing from East Carolina University in 1994 and family nurse practitioner training at Duke University in 1996.
She previously worked for Bladen County Hospital for 30 years in a number of areas including rural health clinics, emergency services, urgent care, prenatal and pediatric care.
“I look forward to continuing to provide medical care for those in and around Bladen County” said Baxley, who resides in Elizabethtown with her husband, Frankie, and their three sons, Tanner, 19, Ryan, 15, and Logan, 13.
Baxley joins Drs. Stephen Bridgers and Susan Aycock, Physician Assistant Amy Ransom and Family Nurse Practitioner Allison Priest at the clinic which is located at 9928 North W.R. Latham Street. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about the center, call (910) 647-1503.
Hunt, a native of Robeson County, completed a bachelor’s degree in biology in 2005 and in nursing in 2007, both from UNC Pembroke. She also completed a master’s degree in nursing with a family nurse practitioner concentration from UNC Wilmington in 2011.
She previously worked for Southeastern for five years in emergency services and Southeastern Heart Center’s cardiovascular operating room and cardiac cath lab.
“I am looking forward to being able to serve my family and neighbors—being a provider and friend all at the same time” said Hunt, who lives in Lumberton with her husband, Mitchell.
Hunt joins Family Nurse Practitioner Christy Bullard and Medical Director Dr. Donald Morando at the clinic which is located inside the Lumberton Walmart at 5070 Fayetteville Road. The clinic, which offers convenient, affordable access to basic health care services with no appointment necessary, is open daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. To schedule an appointment or for more information about the clinic, call (910) 739-0133.
- 05/17/2012 - Gray's Creek clinic recognized with Business of the Year award
- 05/15/2012 - Pharmacy to open in health mall on Monday
- 05/14/2012 - SRMC sponsored Gray's Creek annual charity golf tournament
- 05/10/2012 - Swing for Good Health golf tourney raises $23,000 for health career scholarships
- 04/27/2012 - Kuchler named heart center director
- 03/06/2012 - Emergency Services names new medical director
- 03/02/2012 - Gala raises more than $100,000 for cancer patients
- 03/01/2012 - Southeastern Eye Clinic Ribbon Cutting
- 02/27/2012 - SRMC celebrates Certified Nurses Day March 19
- 02/22/2012 - Get in shape for the SRMC Family Fun Mile!