Luanne Kuchler has been named director of the Southeastern Heart Center. She is responsible for all operations of the 29,000-square-foot center which includes two cardiothoracic operating rooms, a six-bed cardiovascular intensive care unit, echocardiography, stress testing, outpatient cardiac rehabilitation, and the cardiac cath lab. The center is managed by Duke Medicine and located on the campus of Southeastern Regional Medical Center.
A native of Mississippi, Kuchler completed a bachelor of science degree in nursing from the Baptist College of Health Science in Memphis, Tenn. in 2005, and a master’s degree in nursing administration from Jefferson College of Health Science in Roanoke, Va. in 2009. Before joining Southeastern, she worked as the unit director for an inpatient medical cardiology unit at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Va.
She replaces Amy Kessenich who was hired in 2006 before the center opened.
“My vision for the heart center is to continue the work initiated by my predecessor and to create additional opportunities to improve the health of the residents of Robeson County and the surrounding region,” said Kuchler.
She will make her home in Gray’s Creek with her husband, William Kuchler, Ed.D., who has accepted a faculty position in sport management with Methodist University in Fayetteville, N.C.
- 06/06/2012 - Community Health Services recognized with Fruits and Veggies Role Model award
- 05/17/2012 - Gray's Creek clinic recognized with Business of the Year award
- 05/15/2012 - Pharmacy to open in health mall on Monday
- 05/14/2012 - SRMC sponsored Gray's Creek annual charity golf tournament
- 05/10/2012 - Swing for Good Health golf tourney raises $23,000 for health career scholarships
- 03/28/2012 - Southeastern welcomes new providers
- 03/06/2012 - Emergency Services names new medical director
- 03/02/2012 - Gala raises more than $100,000 for cancer patients
- 03/01/2012 - Southeastern Eye Clinic Ribbon Cutting
- 02/27/2012 - SRMC celebrates Certified Nurses Day March 19