Southeastern Regional Medical Center announced it will move forward with plans to build a 60,000 square foot medical facility, which will include a 13,000 square foot ambulatory surgery center, on a tract of land on Dawn Drive in Lumberton.The Medical Center’s board of trustees approved the project, labeled Southeastern Health Park Phase I, during a recent planning conference. The state approved the certificate of need for the ambulatory surgery center component of the project in January.
Plans for the overall facility include the ambulatory surgery center as well as a comprehensive orthopedic center, gastroenterology center, pre-admission testing, anesthesia/pain management center, outpatient rehabilitation and retail space. Construction is expected to begin this fall.
The project, which will be funded, in part, by investments by area physicians, is projected to cost upwards of $19.5 million, which includes 26 acres of land for future expansion projects.
- 07/19/2012 - LRA to become SRMC affiliate
- 07/17/2012 - Smith named SRMC fitness services director
- 07/13/2012 - New urgent care center to open in Lumberton
- 07/10/2012 - Laparoscopic surgery to remove adrenal gland now offered at SRMC
- 06/13/2012 - Scott joins Duke practice and Southeastern Heart Center
- 06/11/2012 - Johnson Medical Clinic welcomes new physician
- 06/07/2012 - Southeastern honors former board members with emeritus status
- 06/06/2012 - Community Health Services recognized with Fruits and Veggies Role Model award
- 05/17/2012 - Gray's Creek clinic recognized with Business of the Year award
- 05/15/2012 - Pharmacy to open in health mall on Monday