Montressa L. Smith has been named director of fitness services for Southeastern Regional Medical Center. Smith replaces Trudy McLaughlin who retired on June 30 after 17 years with the medical center.
Smith will oversee fitness services for the Southeastern Lifestyle Center for Fitness and Rehabilitation and the Southeastern Lifestyle Center Red Springs. She will also be responsible for the operations of the Southeastern Lifestyle Day Spa.
Smith served as interim manager of fitness services for two months before being promoted to director. She also served as financial accounts supervisor there for four years. She earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in management from North Carolina A&T State University.
“Our fitness centers are places of health, wellness and physical activity, and I want to do the best job I can possibly do to get that message out to our community—to let them know that this resource is available for them and to strongly encourage them to use it,” said Smith.
Smith currently resides in Fayetteville with her husband, Christopher, and sons, Raumel, 21, and C.J., 2. She is the daughter of David and Ellie Baker of Lumberton.
- 08/10/2012 - Southeastern Medical Clinic Bladenboro welcomes new provider
- 07/30/2012 - New medical facility to open in Red Springs on Monday
- 07/27/2012 - Grooms joins Southeastern Digestive Health
- 07/23/2012 - Duke cardiologist joins SRMC medical staff
- 07/19/2012 - LRA to become SRMC affiliate
- 07/13/2012 - New urgent care center to open in Lumberton
- 07/10/2012 - Laparoscopic surgery to remove adrenal gland now offered at SRMC
- 06/13/2012 - Scott joins Duke practice and Southeastern Heart Center
- 06/13/2012 - Southeastern Health Park Phase I construction to begin this fall
- 06/11/2012 - Johnson Medical Clinic welcomes new physician