Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Brooke H. Grooms has joined the staff of Southeastern Digestive Health Center, an affiliate of Southeastern Regional Medical Center.
Grooms joins Harvey H. Allen Jr., M.D., at the center, which is located at 730 Oakridge Blvd., Suite A, in Lumberton.
Grooms, a Robeson County native, completed a bachelor’s degree in biology with a concentration in molecular biology as well as a bachelor’s degree in nursing, both from UNC Pembroke. She also completed a master’s degree in public administration there in 2007 and a master’s degree in nursing with family nurse practitioner training from UNC Wilmington in 2011. Before returning to school for her master’s degree, Grooms worked in Southeastern’s emergency department.
She currently lives in Lumberton with her husband, Billy, and three children, Zeke, 9, Makenzie, 7, and Paxton, 3.
“Working for Southeastern Regional Medical Center gives me a chance to give back to an area that has given so much to me, both as a child and an adult,” said Grooms. “As a native of Robeson County and daughter of a medical provider who also served this community, I, too, look forward to the opportunity to provide excellent care and services to our community. There’s no other place I’d rather be and I thank SRMC for giving me this experience,” said Grooms, who is the daughter of Eugenia Brooks Howie, M.D., a retired Robeson County physician.
The Southeastern Digestive Health Center is open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. until noon. To make an appointment, call 738-3103.
- 08/21/2012 - SRMC announces new name
- 08/13/2012 - Britt named director of behavioral health
- 08/10/2012 - Ricotta joins Southeastern Wound Healing Center panel
- 08/10/2012 - Southeastern Medical Clinic Bladenboro welcomes new provider
- 07/30/2012 - New medical facility to open in Red Springs on Monday
- 07/23/2012 - Duke cardiologist joins SRMC medical staff
- 07/19/2012 - LRA to become SRMC affiliate
- 07/17/2012 - Smith named SRMC fitness services director
- 07/13/2012 - New urgent care center to open in Lumberton
- 07/10/2012 - Laparoscopic surgery to remove adrenal gland now offered at SRMC