Janine Britt has been named director of behavioral health for Southeastern Regional Medical Center. In this newly created role with the medical center, Britt oversees inpatient/outpatient psychiatry services as well as Southeastern Recovery Alternatives, a treatment program for alcohol and drug dependency.
Britt, a native of Columbus County, earned a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in sociology from UNC Pembroke in 1988 and a master’s degree in social work from East Carolina University in 1997. She is a licensed clinical social worker, employed with Southeastern Regional Mental Health for seven years and Family Alternatives for 17 years prior to joining SRMC in July.
"This is a wonderful opportunity to serve the behavioral health community in my new role with SRMC,” said Britt. “Having worked in the mental health field for many years, I am familiar with the issues and challenges faced by the patients and the service providers. I look forward to working with a highly skilled team of professionals at SRMC to offer excellent care for our patients as well as to the expansion of quality behavioral health services for our community."
Britt lives in Lumberton with her husband, Craig, and has two children, a son, Chandler, 14, and daughter, Courtney, 12.
- 09/27/2012 - Orthopaedic Surgeon retires after 21 years of service
- 09/19/2012 - Chavis joins Southeastern Mobile Medical
- 09/09/2012 - Podiatrist joins SRMC medical staff
- 09/09/2012 - Southeastern introduces robot-assisted surgery to its operating room
- 08/21/2012 - SRMC announces new name
- 08/10/2012 - Ricotta joins Southeastern Wound Healing Center panel
- 08/10/2012 - Southeastern Medical Clinic Bladenboro welcomes new provider
- 07/30/2012 - New medical facility to open in Red Springs on Monday
- 07/27/2012 - Grooms joins Southeastern Digestive Health
- 07/23/2012 - Duke cardiologist joins SRMC medical staff