Dr. Millicent B. Brown recently joined the medical staff of Southeastern Regional Medical Center specializing in podiatric surgery. She joins Dr. Patrick Ricotta at The Foot and Ankle Institute and is available for surgical consultations at their Lumberton and Laurinburg offices.
Dr. Brown earned her medical degree from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, Pa., in 2009 and completed her surgical residency at Providence Hospital and Medical Center in Southfield, Mich., earlier this year. She is board qualified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and treats a variety of foot and ankle problems such as ankle sprains, bunions, hammertoes, in-grown toenails, diabetic wounds, heel pain, broken foot and ankle bones, and flat feet.
Although originally from New York, Brown has always considered North Carolina her second home. “My mother is originally from North Carolina and currently resides in Durham,” said Brown. “I am happy to finally be practicing in North Carolina so I can be closer to my family members that live throughout various parts of the state.”
“I am excited to be serving Lumberton and the surrounding community,” added Brown. “It is important for people to have timely access to health care. We understand that when your feet hurt, you want them to be treated as soon as possible. By joining Dr. Ricotta at The Foot and Ankle Institute, we can get people into the office quicker to take care of their foot and ankle problems.”
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Brown at the Lumberton office, which is located at 815 Wesley Pines Road, call 737-6600.
- 10/08/2012 - Bullard joins Southeastern Medical Clinic Gray’s Creek
- 10/08/2012 - Campbell joins The Clinic at Walmart
- 10/03/2012 - SRMC to offer free valet parking at main entrance
- 09/27/2012 - Orthopaedic Surgeon retires after 21 years of service
- 09/19/2012 - Chavis joins Southeastern Mobile Medical
- 09/09/2012 - Southeastern introduces robot-assisted surgery to its operating room
- 08/21/2012 - SRMC announces new name
- 08/13/2012 - Britt named director of behavioral health
- 08/10/2012 - Ricotta joins Southeastern Wound Healing Center panel
- 08/10/2012 - Southeastern Medical Clinic Bladenboro welcomes new provider