Family Nurse Practitioner Nantachie M. Chavis has joined Southeastern Regional Medical Center as the lead medical provider for Southeastern Mobile Medical, service of Southeastern which is supported by the Golden LEAF Foundation.
A Lumberton native, Chavis earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from UNC Greensboro in 2008 and a master’s degree with family nurse practitioner training from Winston Salem State University in May 2012.
“I am glad to be back and to be offering rural health care throughout my home county,” said Chavis, who lives in Lumberton with her husband, Larry, and their two-year-old daughter, Maya.
Southeastern Mobile Medical travels to locations within Robeson County to provide primary care services, including wellness screenings and immunizations. The mobile unit operates from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at each site. While cash is not accepted due to security reasons, patients may present insurance information (private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid), money orders or personal checks. Appointments are not required but may be scheduled by calling (910) 674-6144.
- 10/11/2012 - Mammography Day
- 10/08/2012 - Bullard joins Southeastern Medical Clinic Gray’s Creek
- 10/08/2012 - Campbell joins The Clinic at Walmart
- 10/03/2012 - SRMC to offer free valet parking at main entrance
- 09/27/2012 - Orthopaedic Surgeon retires after 21 years of service
- 09/09/2012 - Podiatrist joins SRMC medical staff
- 09/09/2012 - Southeastern introduces robot-assisted surgery to its operating room
- 08/21/2012 - SRMC announces new name
- 08/13/2012 - Britt named director of behavioral health
- 08/10/2012 - Ricotta joins Southeastern Wound Healing Center panel