Friends, family and colleagues gathered at Southeastern Regional Medical Center on Wednesday, Sept. 26 to celebrate Dr. Dixon Gerber’s 21 years of service as an orthopaedic surgeon and member of the medical staff of Southeastern Regional Medical Center.
During the retirement event, SRMC Board of Trustees Chairman Faye Caton presented Dr. Gerber with a crystal tower engraved with his years of service to the medical staff, 1991-2012.
SRMC President/CEO Joann Anderson announced the establishment of the Dr. Dixon W. Gerber Patient Emergency Fund in Gerber’s honor which will be administered by the SRMC Foundation.
“Dr. Gerber has dedicated his life and practice to serving this community through the care he delivered and the connection he has made with those under his care,” said Anderson. “He has left a legacy of caring and compassion.The medical community will miss his leadership. I am sure he will continue to ‘serve’ his community while spending time with his family.”
A native of Dayton, Ohio, Dr. Gerber earned his undergraduate degree from Ohio State University. After four years of service as an officer in the U.S. Navy, he returned to Ohio and received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in 1974. He completed an internship in general surgery and his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Cincinnati.
Prior to moving to Lumberton in 1991, he practiced for 12 years with a multi-specialty clinic in northern Michigan.
During his 21 years of practice in Lumberton, he has been associated, most recently, with The Orthopaedic Center, an affiliate of Southeastern Regional Medical Center. Before that, he practiced with Coastal Plain Orthopedic Clinic and Robeson Orthopaedic Center, respectively.
“I have enjoyed living and practicing in Robeson County,” said Dr. Gerber. “The Medical Staff and SRMC provided an excellent professional environment.”
Dr. Gerber lives in Lumberton with his wife, Elizabeth. They have three grown children, sons, David and Patrick, and daughter, Ann, and 10grandchildren.
- 10/26/2012 - SRMC Receives Pulmonary Excellence Award from Healthgrades
- 10/11/2012 - Mammography Day
- 10/08/2012 - Bullard joins Southeastern Medical Clinic Gray’s Creek
- 10/08/2012 - Campbell joins The Clinic at Walmart
- 10/03/2012 - SRMC to offer free valet parking at main entrance
- 09/19/2012 - Chavis joins Southeastern Mobile Medical
- 09/09/2012 - Podiatrist joins SRMC medical staff
- 09/09/2012 - Southeastern introduces robot-assisted surgery to its operating room
- 08/21/2012 - SRMC announces new name
- 08/13/2012 - Britt named director of behavioral health