Southeastern Regional Medical Center President and CEO Joann Anderson recently announced an administrative appointment. Lynn M. Wieties has been named to the newly created position of vice president, provider network. She is responsible for Southeastern’s 13 primary care and 19 specialty clinics located in Robeson, Bladen, Scotland and Cumberland counties.
A Missouri native, Wieties earned a master’s degree in nursing with family nurse practitioner training from the University of Missouri-St. Louis in 1997. In addition to practicing as a family nurse practitioner, she has worked in supervisory roles in hospital nursing settings in the areas of psychiatry and intensive/critical care. She also has experience in community health, prevention and education.
Before joining Southeastern in November, Wieties held a number of leadership positions at Phelps County Regional Medical Center in Rolla, Missouri, including: senior vice president of innovation and strategy; vice president of physician/organizational development and strategic planning; and executive director of physician and organizational development. She is board certified by the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
“Mrs. Wieties’ experience and leadership background will enable her to lead our physician clinics as we transition to the medical home model,” said Anderson. “This leadership position was created in order to strategically guide this important aspect of our organization that touches so many people in so many communities.”
Wieties and her husband, Bill, a certified registered nurse anesthetist, live in Lumberton and have two grown sons.
“I was really impressed with the direction and the mission and vision of the organization, as well as the opportunity to work with the executive team under Mrs. Anderson’s leadership,” said Wieties. “I look forward to working with the excellent providers, staff and clinic leadership who are serving our community.”
- 12/31/2012 - Introducing Southeastern Health
- 12/13/2012 - Southeastern Health limits visitors due to increase in flu cases
- 12/10/2012 - Gala to fund anesthesia equipment upgrade
- 12/05/2012 - SRMC breaks ground for Southeastern Health Park Phase I
- 12/05/2012 - SRMC urges alternatives to emergency room for treatment for minor medical conditions
- 11/07/2012 - Ribbon cut for new medical/rehab clinic in Gray’s Creek
- 11/01/2012 - Ribbon cut for new Red Springs clinic
- 10/26/2012 - SRMC Receives Pulmonary Excellence Award from Healthgrades
- 10/11/2012 - Mammography Day
- 10/08/2012 - Bullard joins Southeastern Medical Clinic Gray’s Creek