Southeastern Regional Medical Center (SRMC) broke ground for Phase I of the Southeastern Health Park project on Dec. 4 at the park site off of Dawn Drive in Lumberton. Pictured breaking ground, from left, are, Robins & Morton Superintendent James Gardner, Division Manager Mike Bumgardner, and Project Manager Derek Skipper; Peterson Associates Vice President Wayne Gregory; Lumberton Councilman Don Metzger; Southeastern Health Park Project Manager Jerry Sawyer; SRMC Vice President of Human Services and Planning David Sumner, SRMC Board Chairman Faye Caton, SRMC President/CEO Joann Anderson; Dr. Constance Mulroy of Lumberton OB/GYN; Dr. David Dalsimer of Southeastern Orthopedics; SRMC Trustee W.C. Washington, SRMC Trustee Randy Rust, SRMC Engineering and Facility Management Manager Karen Kay and SRMC Surgical Services Director Kay Allen.
Southeastern Health Park Phase I includes an 80,000-square-foot medical facility which features a 13,000-square-foot ambulatory surgery center. The Medical Center’s board of trustees approved the project during a planning conference earlier in the year. The state approved the Certificate of Need for the ambulatory surgery center component of the project in January.
Plans for the overall facility include the ambulatory surgery center as well as a comprehensive orthopedic center, gastroenterology center, pre-admission testing, anesthesia/pain management center, outpatient rehabilitation and retail space. The Phase I medical facility, which will be funded, in part, by investments by area physicians, and the purchase of the land, is projected to cost upwards of $22.2 million.
- 01/14/2013 - Southeastern Regional Medical Center is Among Top Five Percent in Nation in 2013
- 01/07/2013 - Jacobs joins Lumberton Urology Clinic
- 12/31/2012 - Introducing Southeastern Health
- 12/13/2012 - Southeastern Health limits visitors due to increase in flu cases
- 12/10/2012 - Gala to fund anesthesia equipment upgrade
- 12/05/2012 - SRMC urges alternatives to emergency room for treatment for minor medical conditions
- 12/03/2012 - Wieties named VP of provider network
- 11/07/2012 - Ribbon cut for new medical/rehab clinic in Gray’s Creek
- 11/01/2012 - Ribbon cut for new Red Springs clinic
- 10/26/2012 - SRMC Receives Pulmonary Excellence Award from Healthgrades