From the very start, we at SRMC want to make sure your stay with us is a pleasant one. Your admission to SRMC was requested by your physician. The admitting personnel asked you and your family members many questions. This information is important in helping us to understand your medical and financial needs. It will, of course, be held in confidence.
We have designed, furnished, and equipped your room to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
- Your TotalCare hospital bed is electrically operated; your nurse will show you how to adjust it properly.
- Your room offers several areas of storage. If you wear glasses and/or dentures, please keep them in a safe place to protect them. Please do not put them on meal trays or in your bed, and make sure you have packed personal items before you leave for home.
- To call your nurse, use the button located at your bedside. A staff member will respond to your call as soon as possible.
A television set is available in each patient room (except on Third East) free of charge to the patient. Personal television sets may not be brought into the hospital.
There is a telephone in each patient room. If you do not wish to receive calls from outside,
Please let the switchboard know.
- To place a local call, please dial 9, and then dial the number desired.
- To call long distance, dial 9-0; then dial area code and number desired. The operator will come on the line only after you have completely finished dialing. Long-distance calls should be charged to your telephone credit card or to a third party, or you may call collect
- Public phones are located in the Main Lobby and in the emergency waiting area. For special needs equipment for sight- and hearing- impaired patients, please call the Patient Relations department.
We prefer that you leave money, jewelry, and other valuables at home. We cannot be responsible for such articles unless arrangements are made at the time of your admission for securing your items. These may be given to the nurse after you have gone to your room; they may be picked up at the time of discharge by presenting the receipt that you were given when depositing your property with us for safekeeping. Please do not lose this receipt.
For your Safety
Since your health and safety are of prime concern to us,
We ask that you take these precautions:
- Ask your nurse to assist you getting in or out of bed unless your nurse has advised you otherwise.
- All SRMC employees and staff who enter your room will be wearing an identification badge. If there is any question as to whether or not a person is staff, please contact your nurse.
- Any small electrical appliance brought with you must be checked by our engineering staff.
- Leave all medications at home. Your physician and our pharmacy will take care of your medication needs.