Southeastern Regional Medical Center recently hired six certified athletic trainers to work in conjunction with local high school sports teams. Starting with football season this month, athletes now have the benefit of a trainer on the sidelines to care for injuries. They work closely with area primary care physicians, orthopaedic surgeons and rehab staff to coordinate care. The trainers and their assigned schools, from left, are: Jane Page, Fairmont High School; Sashah Davis, Purnell Swett High School; Caroline Taylor, St. Pauls High School; Matt Ferrell, Lumberton High School; Alexis Caponi, Red Springs High School; and Faith Smith, South Robeson High School.
- 02/06/2013 - Lumber River Old Iron Tractor Club makes donation to Southeastern Hospice House
- 12/26/2012 - St. Pauls Honor Society collects toys for hospitalized children
- 12/20/2012 - Giving to others for the holidays
- 12/05/2012 - Carolina Shaggers donate to Southeastern Hospice
- 10/26/2012 - Small town hospital offers big city convenience