GCC's November “Terrific Tuesday” event hosted by Robeson County Commissioners and Government employees
Gibson Cancer Center, an affiliate of Southeastern Regional Medical Center, hosts “Terrific Tuesday” events on the first Tuesday of each month to help patients and their family members feel more at ease during their visits to the center. On Tuesday, Nov. 1, Robeson County Commissioners and Robeson County Government employees volunteered for the third year at the event by providing refreshments and goody bags for patients and their caregivers. From left, Robeson County employees Betty Grimsley and Tammy Freeman serve refreshments to Volunteer Clergy Pastor Ken Spencer and center visitors William Davis and Willis Leggett, both of Lumberton. The free event, which is held from 9 am until noon, offers a variety of services including free haircuts and chair massages. For more information about Terrific Tuesday volunteer opportunities, contact Gibson Cancer Center Oncology Social Worker Shereta Jenkins at 671-5730.
- 02/06/2013 - Lumber River Old Iron Tractor Club makes donation to Southeastern Hospice House
- 12/26/2012 - St. Pauls Honor Society collects toys for hospitalized children
- 12/20/2012 - Giving to others for the holidays
- 12/05/2012 - Carolina Shaggers donate to Southeastern Hospice
- 10/26/2012 - Small town hospital offers big city convenience