The history of Southeastern Health dates back to 1906 when Dr. Neil A. Thompson opened the first hospital in Robeson County. The Thompson Hospital consolidated with the Baker Sanatorium, under the direction of Dr. Horace M. Baker, Sr., to form the Baker-Thompson Memorial Hospital in 1946. These two older facilities were replaced by a new 140-bed hospital known as Robeson County Memorial Hospital in 1953. On January 1, 1960, the hospital’s name was changed to Southeastern General Hospital to reflect more accurately our service to all of southeastern North Carolina. In 1994, after a number of expansion programs, the organization became
Southeastern Regional Medical Center. On January 1, 2013, the organization’s name was changed to Southeastern Health while the medical center retained the Southeastern Regional Medical Center name.
As a nonprofit organization, Southeastern is operated by a local board of trustees whose only remuneration is the assurance that they are making available quality health care for their community.
About Southeastern Health
Southeastern Health, a non-profit organization, is a comprehensive health care system which offers a wide array of health care services through its affiliated divisions. The organization is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been designated as a Magnet organization. Southeastern Health includes Southeastern Regional Medical Center, which is licensed for 452 beds and offers a combination of acute care, intensive care and psychiatric services to more than 16,000 inpatients and 76,000 emergency patients annually.
List of services including: