Awards and Recognition
- 2021: American College of Cardiology's NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry Silver Performance Achievement Award
- 2021: Southeastern Wound Healing Center earned Center of Distinction award by Healogics®
- 2020: Four-star ratings across the board for performance in the American College of Cardiology and the National Cardiovascular Data Registry’s Cath PCI registry
- 2020: Southeastern Wound Healing Center earned Center of Distinction award by Healogics®
- 2019 Aster Gold Award, Flyer Category
- 2019 Aster Silver Award, External Newsletter Category
- 2019, 2017 Healogics Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Center of Excellence, Southeastern Wound Healing Center
- 2017 Breastfeeding-Friendly Business and Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace awards by the North Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition (NCBC)
- 2016 Aster Awards: Silver winner for Special Video Production for “Better Health Starts with You” parody video
- 2016 MarCom Awards: Platinum for Spring 2016 issue of HealthWise Magazine
- Southeastern Wound Healing Center - Center of Distinction by Healogics (2015 & 2016)
- 2016 Cancer Awareness Advertising (CAA) Awards: Gold for the Gibson Cancer Center microsite, iwonagainstcancer.com; Silver for Gibson Cancer Center’s television advertising campaign series
- Southeastern Wound Healing Center - Center of Distinction by Healogics (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- 2016 UNC Pembroke Excellence Award for Large Business
- Healthwise Magazine: Silver Winner by the 32nd Healthcare Advertising Awards by Healthcare Marketing Report in the External Publication category (2015)
- Excellence Recognition by Prevention Partners, in partnership with The Duke Endowment, as part of the WorkHealthy America Initiative (2014)
- Gold Medal Recognition Award by Prevention Partners (2014)
- Gold Apple Recognition Award by Prevention Partners (2014)
- National Marketing Healthcare Today Bronze award winner for Southeastern Heart Center campaign-2013
- SRMC: American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award (2013)
- SRMC: North Carolina Nurses Association’s Hallmarks of Healthy Workplaces Award (2013)
- National Health Information Awards: Merit Award for Summer 2012 issue of HealthWise Magazine (2013)
UNC Health Southeastern is accredited by DNV GL - Healthcare.
By earning accreditation, UNC Health Southeastern’s SRMC has demonstrated it meets or exceeds patient safety standards set forth by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. DNV GL’s accreditation program is the only one to integrate the ISO 9001 Quality Management System with the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
DNV GL’s accreditation program, called NIAHO® (Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), involves annual hospital surveys – instead of every three years – and encourages hospitals to openly share information across departments and to discover improvements in clinical workflows and safety protocols.
About DNV GL - Healthcare
DNV GL is a world-leading certification body. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services.
Within healthcare, we help our customers achieve excellence by improving quality and patient safety through hospital accreditation, managing infection risk, management system certification and training.
The DNV GL Group operates in more than 100 countries. Our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
For more information about DNV GL hospital accreditation, visit www.dnvglhealthcare.com.
UNC Health Southeastern is a member of
- The American Hospital Association
- North Carolina Hospital Association
- Premier, Inc.
- Coastal Carolinas Health Alliance
UNC Health Southeastern is licensed by:
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Facility Services
UNC Health Southeastern is certified by:
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for participation in Medicare and Medicaid
UNC Health Southeastern is affiliated for clinical training with:
- Bladen Community College
- Campbell University
- Duke University Medical Center
- East Carolina University
- Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Robeson Community College
- Saint Ambrose College (Iowa)
- Southeastern Community College
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (Bowman Gray Campus)
Patients will receive care without regard to race, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, or personal values and beliefs.
UNC Health Southeastern does not exclude or discriminate against the disabled in treatment, admission, or access to its facilities, programs, or activities.