- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visitors may not enter the facility after 8:00 p.m. unless under special circumstances. (Subject to change)
- Family and friends of patients of the psychiatric unit, Third East, may visit from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. daily. All visitors are required to participate in a family orientation session prior to visitation, which begins at 4:30 p.m. daily.
Visitor Management System
The electronic visitor management system utilizes photo ID badges to help to expedite visitor check-in and offers an array of security features for patients and guests, as well as the organization. A printed badge allows access to a specific area for up to 24 hours.
Visitor Guidelines (Subject to change)
We encourage visitors for emotional support and recovery. To provide a restful and safe environment, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines:
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Refrain from visiting if you have a cold, sore throat or any contagious
- Observe no visiting and precaution signs before entering the room.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco.
- Leave the room during tests or treatments if asked.
- Details about visiting patients in special care units, including Obstetrics, Labor and Delivery, Third East, Outpatient Surgery Center, Critical Care and the UNC Health Southeastern Heart and Vascular may be obtained from the special care unit.
- If you wish to limit your visitors in any way, please notify your nurse, patient representative or the main information desk.
Free visitor parking is available in the parking deck on the east side of the Medical Center and in the lot on 28th Street.
Free valet parking is available at the main entrance Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 3:30 pm, excluding holidays.
- How to use valet parking - On the main campus, go directly to the circle drive at the main entrance. A valet parking attendant will give you a claim ticket and park your vehicle in a reserved space on the hospital campus.
- Where to get your car - Show your claim ticket to the parking attendant at the main entrance and the attendant will retrieve your car. To retrieve your keys after 3:30 p.m., present your claim ticket to the attendant at the information desk in the main lobby. Those leaving the facility after 9 p.m. should call 671-5449 to retrieve their keys. Those claiming keys after 3:30 p.m. will be responsible for retrieving their own vehicles from the valet parking area.
- When valet service is available - Our valet parking service will be available Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., excluding holidays.