Family Medicine Residency Program
Mission: To educate and prepare community-based physicians to care for rural and under-served populations in southeastern North Carolina and its surrounding region.
- Improve quality and standard of health care in our community while training competent physicians who can provide inpatient and outpatient family medicine care for our community as well as other rural and/or under-served communities
- Decrease morbidity and mortality of patients in our community
- Promote a culture of physician wellness and self-care
- Promote a physician culture of lifelong learning, evidence-based medicine, and continuous quality improvement
UNC Health Southeastern is located in Lumberton, a small town in southeast NC. The Family Medicine Residency began in July 2015. Our program is approved by the ACGME with 24 total positions (8 spots per year). We are in a partnership with Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM). We are Osteopathic recognized program by ACGME.
Currently, we do not sponsor visas of any kind at this time. We encourage all applicants to apply through ERAS. Application materials submitted via email, fax, mail or any online resource other than ERAS will not be accepted or reviewed.
All family medicine residents spend time each week in continuity clinic. 1st year residents spend one half day per week in clinic, while 2nd and 3rd year residents spend two half days with an additional pediatric clinic.
UNC Health Southeastern is also home to Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine residencies.
- Wednesday – EM Lecture (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM)
- Friday – Didactics (1:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Attending presentations
- Case presentation/Journal Club
- Book Club
- Board Review
Our Benefits include:
- PGY-1 - $50,724.96
- PGY-2 - $52,762.00
- PGY-3 - $54,203.00
- Health/Dental insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 21 days paid time off per year
- $1500/year educational stipend for PGY1, PGY2, PGY3
- $45/ month cell phone allowance
- Gym membership included or discount at CrossFit QFE
- $10/ day (Monday-Friday) for meals in the hospital cafeteria
- CUSOM Junior Faculty Appointment
- Annual white coat purchase
- Annual resident retreat
- NRP and ALSO certifications
- Program jacket
View our full benefit plan package [PDF]